Thursday, September 1, 2011

Do you remember the time...

I was speaking with a friend the other day about transitions and new beginnings. As I listened to her talk about the new adventures going on in her life I began to think back over my own life. It seems as if I have been in the same place for far too long.  I've traveled around from city to city and just last year I relocated to a new city for a new job, however, spiritually I have been at a standstill. My thoughts went back to the last time that I felt like I was really living - not just going through the motions of the day but really living. I recall waking up extra early in the morning starting my day with great devotionals and uplifting gospel music.  No matter what I encountered throughout my day nothing could steal my joy.  It was as if I was waiting on roadblocks to appear ahead of me just so I could politely repeat the scriptures that were buried deep within me to move them out of the way.  I kept little reminders with me like affirmations from Dr. Wayne W. Dyer or quotes from Joyce Meyer and I never felt disconnected from God's word.  It was if I was living and breathing the Word every moment of everyday...

So, what happened?  Why do I now feel as if I am wondering aimlessly through the wilderness – somewhere between who I use to be and who I will become? Why do I feel as if the devil has tried to attack me from every angle at just about every moment of everyday?  There is only one explanation that comes to mind...

God showed me a glimpse of who I was to become in Him and the work that was required of me in order to fulfill my purpose.  Oh, I'm not even gonna lie to you I was afraid and completely shocked.  Not me... Not little old me.  I thought that I had misinterpreted the entire thing.  So what did I do?  I went back to doing the things that came easy instead of training and praying and preparing myself for my ultimate mission.  I gave in to the devil's tricks knowingly and willingly.  What the devil didn't realize was that even though my outer shell looked different and the companions in my life were different the Word in my heart was the same. God's word never left me, so in the midst of my struggle, in the midst of my pain, and in the midst of so much temptation I was still able to call on the name of the Lord! 

If your story is anything like mine and you feel as if you can't find your way back to God's word, here are a few scriptures that will help you to remember the time...

Hebrews 13:5 KJV, “Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

Psalms 23 KJV, "The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.  He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me: thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever."

Matthew 28:20 KJV, "teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you;
and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen

Be Blessed,
Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment