Wednesday, April 13, 2011

It all started with two simple words...

“Because of your faith, it will happen.”  Matthew 9:29

Webster’s dictionary defines the word divine as follows: of relating to, or proceeding directly from God. Order is define as: a definite plan. So I interpret those two words together to mean that there is a definite plan for our lives that comes directly from God. 

A few months ago I was talking to a close friend of mind about all of the things that we had gone through in our lives… Some of the stories had happy endings. Some of the stories weren’t so happy.  All in all we realized how each of the situations brought us closer to God and to understanding our purpose.  As we continued to talk the words divine order popped into my head.  I thought back over my life and how God had been there at just the right time.  I immediately felt a sense of relief. I had been delivered from my past. I was currently being carried through my present, and God had shown me visions of a victorious future. I couldn't complain...

*I can recall being down to my last few dollars during the very cold winter months of Northwest Arkansas. My heating unit in my house stopped working. My first thought was to cry like a baby. My second thought was to call my mom and complain about how I hated being so far away from family or how I longed for someone to live closer to look after such things as these. Without hesitation my mother provided me with the funds needed to repair the broken heater. I hated to ask my mother for help, but I didn't feel like I had anyone else to turn to. (Or so I thought.)

*There was the time that my transmission went out on my Saturn. I absolutely loved that car! I am known for always being on the go, so when I was stuck at home and had to catch rides with co-workers and friends I was not a happy camper. Again I called my mother. This time it was just to hear her voice and receive some much needed words of encouragement. In about a week, I signed the paper work for a brand new vehicle and I was back on the road again.

I can’t help but to smile as I think back on how I use to think or the things that I use to do.  It took me awhile to realize that it wasn’t just my mother coming to my aid. No; it was God working through her.  Nowadays when things go wrong I rarely jump to conclusions to quickly or call home to mama. Nope. Instead, I call up to Papa! He's all I need.  God has answered prayers for me before I can even utter the words and for that I can’t help but to be thankful as well as patient while I watch Him work in my life.

Divine Order…

Those two simple words comfort me when my money is low, when I'm feeling down, or when I just feel like giving up.  You may be going through some difficult times right now. Just know that God has a reason for every storm. Just look at each storm as another chapter to your life story with a happily ever after waiting for you at the end.

Be blessed,
Christy


7 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I needed to be encouraged today. Thank you for your writing ability. I am praying that God will be with me as I go through this weekend with the three services of my sorority sisters and my friend. God has already helped me....I was down to crying for a while...I asked God for help...He was there for me...I got through that day and I know he will see me through Friday night, Saturday and Sunday. I love you and I thank God for you. Keep up the good work. Love Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christy I've always enoyed your words of wisdom that you've gathered during your quiet time with the Lord. Thanks for being an "Open Vessel" for God to use. It's so important that we share the wonderful and awesome things that
    God has done for us, it's even more important to glorify his name even when he doesn't come through the way we expect him to because he is still God. He knows what's best and as you said life is all about his "divine order" for our lives and I want nothiing less than that for my life. Thank you Lord for Christy and her willingness to be obedient to what you've called her to do, amen!

    Annie you're in my prayers and thoughts as
    God keeps you through your time of less, be blessed and know that he is God, God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you mama.. I know that God has prepared you for such a time as this....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christy,
    I really enjoy your writings! They always seem to confirm my own walk with Christ and let me know that I'm not alone. I dreaded my move to Syracuse a year and a half ago. And like you I hated the fact that I was away from family and friends, especially when times got tough. The past few months God has been working with me about his "Divine Order". So, I was stunned when I saw your email.

    I have about 6 more months left here in Syracuse (before this chapter ends), but I'm excited about God's plan for me. And at this point, I have know idea where I will live next, who I will meet...... I'm just walking in faith. Because I know he is the author and the finisher of my faith.

    Take care and I wish you many blessings!
    Shawanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great hearing from you Shawanda!It is always encouraging to hear stories of new beginnings, triumph, and walking by faith... I can't wait to see what God has in store for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very encouraging and empowering words! Thank you for sharing your Blessings :)

    Dominique

    ReplyDelete