Sunday, April 13, 2014

"Jesus take the wheel"

I lift up my eyes to the mountains, where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.  He will not let your foot slip -- he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.  The Lord watches over you -- the Lord is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.  The Lord will keep you from all harm -- he will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.  Psalm 121:1-8 NIV


Last night I had a dream that I was driving a school bus. It wasn't an ordinary school bus.  The bus seemed longer and it had been painted white.  A few classmates and I boarded the bus in front of my old high school.  My classmates took seats along the back of the bus while I took the driver's seat. Now I don't know what possessed me to jump into the driver's seat, however, before I knew it I was putting the rig in reverse and holding on for dear life.

The bus jerked and before I knew it we were moving backwards. I tried pumping the brakes but the bus was too powerful. I couldn't get it under control.   A few seconds later I heard a crash from behind us and out of the window I saw debris flying everywhere. On the ground there was a row of baby strollers. They were empty, thank God, but they had been lined up neatly one after the other. No one appeared to be hurt.

The dream continues on for a bit transitioning from one location around the high school campus to another, but the bus accident wasn't far from my thoughts.  Moments later when I woke up, God revealed to me one interpretation of the dream.

In life we will face opportunities that may seem manageable at first, but before we know it things can shift very quickly in the wrong direction. If we aren't careful, we could end up harming not only ourselves but others around us. Our only sure why of getting through these obstacles is to allow God to take control.

Let me go a little deeper into the dream...

The bus represents a situation that we may be currently facing. The white paint of the bus represents something new;  an obstacle unlike anything we've every dealt with before.  My classmates and I that boarded the bus were no longer the knuckleheads from junior high and high school, but grown adults.  This shows that even though we have grown in years we haven't grown completely in God. In some parts of our lives we still handle situations as if we were carefree teenagers.  The strollers represent generations to come. If we are careless in how we handle challenges that we are faced with today, we will not only harm ourselves but future generations as well.

God is telling us to allow Him to take the wheel. He wants us to be obedient passengers as He leads us into our next season. We were not created to go at it alone. God has promised to never leave us. He has said in His word that He is the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. When we get bogged down in life it is useless for us to attempt to fix anything without God's help. He created a unique plan for our lives and only He knows how it will end. We are exactly where we are suppose to be during this season of our lives. It may feel uncomfortable. It may feel like we're wasting time. We may have an idea or strategy of how to get to our next level faster, but God... God has the ability to reset our clock. After we've been running a race or dealing with an issue for awhile, we may think that we've had enough or that we are nearing the end but God can place us right back at the starting line.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.  Proverbs 3:5-6 NIV

Allow God to take the wheel in your life and everything will fall into place.

Be Blessed,
Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment