Monday, January 9, 2012

Addicted

I put you down and then I pick you back up.
I tell myself just one last time. Tomorrow will be different.
Then again I find myself right back there in the same place with you.
My heart tells me to stop, but my head tells me to go.
I ignore the warning signs and let you right back in.
You mock me with your false sense of comfort.
When will I learn my lesson?
The only way to find me again is to let you go.
So, I vow to erase you from my life at the end of each day.
When the morning comes there you are staring me in the face.
There you are inviting me back to you.
I fight with my feet, but somehow they lead me to you.
I fight with my hands, but somehow they find you.
I fight with my heart, but somehow it opens for you.
I fight. I fight. I fight.
Then I realize the problem is not you, but it’s me.
I’m addicted to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment