Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Stay out of the pot!



My mother is an amazing cook.  I mean she can make anything and everything taste and look great!  A few of her recipes call for steeping or leaving a lid on a pot without stirring for a certain amount of time.  She also has recipes that call for leaving the oven door completely closed for several hours.  While preparing these dishes my mother would often leave notes somewhere in the kitchen or on the oven door so that we would remember to avoid tampering with the dishes. Well, sometimes I have to admit that even though I saw the signs and heard her voice I still couldn’t resist taking a peep inside the pot and stirring the big wooden spoon around a bit.  I also couldn’t resist slightly opening the oven to see if my millisecond of a peep would cause a drastic change in the outcome of the dish.

So you probably know where I’m going with this, but if not I’m gonna give it to you anyway.  God gives us signs and speaks to us all the time.  He tells us to stay away from a person or situation, but somehow we find ourselves peeping into the oven too early.  God wants us to be patient and let Him handle our lives. I absolutely believe that everything taste better and looks better in His timing.  The preparation period may be grueling or time consuming; however, we are guaranteed a great outcome if we allow God to handle things.  While you are patiently waiting why not get out of the kitchen, take a walk, or read a book.  No one wants to end up with a flat cake or dry stew.  J

Christy Be Blessed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment