Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Call the Maintenance Man



A few weeks ago, I shared a story with you about how I was locked inside of my apartment.  Well, wouldn't you know it the handle on the inside of my door is now broken.  I immediately thought to myself, “Okay, now what does this mean?” I believe that everything happens for a reason.  The first day that I noticed the broken handle my first thought was to call downstairs to the main office, so that the maintenance guy could have it repaired that same day.  My second thought was to make sure that I could still open the door and I wasn't trapped inside again. I left the house that day with every intention of calling the maintenance man.  I went about my day forgetting completely about the door until the next morning when I set out to leave.  Before leaving the house in a hurry, I wrote a reminder on the imaginary notebook in my head and again I left to start my day.  Of course I forgot to call the office again.  Well, this went on for a few days.  Soon I had figured out a way to open the door without the handle coming off.  It was still broken, but I had figured out a temporary solution to exiting the house without having to call down to maintenance.  Long story short, I am living with the broken handle. You know, I’m dealing with it in the meantime.  There is an easy fix to my problem; call the maintenance man.  It’s his job to help in these types of matters and he’s actually on call waiting to respond to small issues like mine or larger issues like backed up plumbing.

In life we often times get use to broken relationships, broken promises, broken hearts and just broke people. These people or situations find a way into our lives and instead of calling God, the man who can fix ALL things, we simply deal with them.  We allow these issues to stay and harm us like a malignant tumor. We place them on the shelf or put our focus on things that we feel are more important, but at the end of the day we find ourselves in a broken home with a broken foundation, surrounded by broken people.  It is up to us if we want to remain in this broken state.  We have a direct and divine connection with God, so that even before we make our request known He is already on the job fixing things for us.   

At the end of the day you have two choices: Call the maintenance man (GOD) or live a life of brokenness.

Be blessed,

Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment