Monday, July 21, 2014

Only if...

Only if you woulda liked…no loved me
Only if I would have given you the key
Only if you woulda asked me
Only if we had no history
Only if I coulda told you all about me
Maybe then you would see
Only if you would have given me a reason
Only if it were a different season
I woulda shoulda coulda given you all of me
Only if you woulda let me in
Only if it wasn’t a sin
Only if you woulda hugged me and never let me go
Only then would you really know
Only if she wasn't there
Only if I didn't care
Only if you let me kiss your lips
Man, all those years we did miss
Only if we could turn back the hands of time
Only if you woulda let me shine
Only if you woulda cared enough
Only if I would have dared enough
Only if time could stand still
Only if we could have one more thrill
Only if you weren't an entertainer
Only if our love needed no disclaimer
Only if I would have stayed
Only if you would have asked me to stay
Only if ten years was only ten minutes
Maybe we would have a chance to finish
If “if” were a fifth we’d be drunk in love
We can’t argue with the man above
Only if your eyes didn’t tell all your secrets
Only if you weren’t my weakness
Only if I could erase all the memories
Maybe we’ll meet again in another century
Another lifetime and two different bodies
A brand new love at first sight
Perhaps then we’d get it right
Until then stay well my friend

I’ll like…love…like…love you to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment