Monday, April 18, 2011

I know people in a rut...

What talent has God given you? A few years ago I completed the Dale Carnegie training course.  During the course we had to memorize a quote for one of the class exercises.  It went a little something like this, "I know people in a rut, who will stay in a rut simply because they don't use their abilities to get things done."

1 Timothy 4:14-15 says: "Do not neglect the spiritual gift you received through the prophecies spoken to you when the elders of the church laid their hands on you. Give your complete attention to these matters."

That statement reminded me of the skills and talents that I've acquired over the years.  I was pretty good at playing the clarinet and tenor saxophone, however, after years of neglect I can barely recall how to play a simple scale.

This is what the elders were trying to teach Timothy in the passage above.  If we don't utilize our talents and skills we will eventually find ourselves in a "rut" where our talents are slowly wasting away...


Be Blessed,
Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment