Monday, October 1, 2012

31 Letters – Letter #1


To: God

From: Me

Again I find myself at a loss for words.  I don’t know why I get speechless when it’s time to say thank you.  Oh, but when I need money or any other type of support You hear from me every hour on the hour. Honestly I get distracted by worldly things and before I know it a day, a week, and sometimes even a month has gone by.  During those times of distraction, You always send someone or something along to remind me of You and Your word.

You have revealed more to me this year than any other time in my entire life.  You’ve shown me projects that I have to start and people that I need to reach out to.  I am moving – slowly but surely on these things.  Fear has been at the forefront of my thoughts.  “What if” has been a phrase that I use over and over again, but every time I say the words You remind me of Your word. Why should I be afraid as long as You’ve got my back?  I have nothing to fear.  It’s a trick of the devil for me to assume that I am not worthy of the gifts that You have in store for me.  I’ve been dwelling here in the wilderness long enough and now it is time for me to step into the things that You have promised me. 

“What will they say” is another phrase that I repeat to myself over and over again.  My mama use to tell me all of the time growing up, “They talked about Jesus.”  I didn’t really get what she was saying then. It took me several years and several circumstances until I could honestly agree with her.  You God are our only judge, so the words and actions of man should have no impact on my walk. 

Love man. Trust God.

I am my own worst critic and biggest judge.  You’ve shown me that I have to let myself off the hook sometimes.  

Nobody's perfect.

Most people don’t know this about me, but I’ve been writing or journalizing since about the fifth grade.  That was around the time that my mother gave me my first diary/journal.  I even wrote poetry.  My first poem was called Dream Boy. Of course it had to be about a boy.  Anyways, I showed it to my mom and after reading the title she said to me, “You’re writing about some boy.”  LOL! I lied of course and blamed it on another girl in my class.  That would be that last time I shared any of my writings with anyone until around 2008.  I guess I was afraid of what people may think. Especially once I started quoting scripture and whatnot.  

I could just hear them now, “Who does she think she is… didn’t I just see her in the club last weekend?”  “Do you think God is really speaking to her?”  and so on…

This is the time that I really came to know and trust You.  The words and phrases that I’ve written every since then have come from You.  I can’t take the credit.  It’s unbelievable how You use the things that we see as weaknesses and turn them in to strengths.  I don’t know where You’re going to take me with this writing thing, but I can’t wait to enjoy the ride!

So, we’ll be talking soon. I just wanted to take a moment to openly say thanks for my life. Thanks for the not so good days.  Thanks for the days when my eyes were filled with tears of sadness. Thanks for the situations when I wanted to give up and let life pass me by.  Thanks for the heart aches and the heart breaks. Those were the days that I grew the most.

Love always,

Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment