Monday, October 15, 2012

31 Letters - Letter #15

To: Those that we lost
From: Me

"Gone but not forgotten"

I would be remiss, if I didn't begin with my brother Chris.
Gone at twenty-seven; that was when he went to heaven.
Earl V. left a week or so before.
The masters of music would be no more.
I wanna tell Big Momma about the places I've seen and Rodney about the dreams that I've dreamed.
Aunt Sally is gone from us too, her departure made the entire family sad and blue.
To God be the glory is what Uncle Steve would say. 
We'll keep that lesson in our hearts as we go through our day-to-day.
Paw Paw and Mama Garland are smiling down on us.
They would say, have faith, love, and don't forget to trust.
Trust God as you walk through the storms of life, for there will always be pain and strife.
Gone to soon are my classmates, schoolmates, and friends.
I can hardly wait until we meet again.
Although my heart is heavy and my eyes filled with tears,
I will always remember you throughout the years...

Peace and love always....

No comments:

Post a Comment