Tuesday, October 30, 2012

31 Letters – Letter #23


Now I lay me down to sleep…

Now I lay me down to sleep.
I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
If I should die before I wake.
I pray the Lord my soul to take.
I pray that all my dreams come true.
Because lately all I feel is blue.
I've made my requests to you.
I hope that you can see them through.
Sometimes I want to give up though;
And hang my head so very low.
I want to shout it out so loud;
The reason why my heads not bowed.
But then like magic you appear.
Surrounding me you draw me near.
I’m back to the place where there’s no fear.
Arms stretched out I feel you here.
No more worries. No more tears.
I still Love you Lord with all my years.
So bless my mom and bless my dad.
Bless me when I’m feeling sad.
Bless the ones who did me wrong.
For it was your plan all along.
Close my eyes, to sleep I go.
Dreaming of how you love me so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment