Monday, October 29, 2012

31 Letters – Letter #21



Everybody that came with you, cannot go with you: 
Friend vs. Associate

I have been hood winked, bamboozled, and led astray time and time again by people who label themselves as ‘friends’! God opened my eyes using a method that truly hurt but I was able to see the real from the fake.  I realized that a lot of the people who called themselves my friends were actually more of associates.  They were in my life because of what I could do for them.  I didn't notice this at first. However, over time I realized that I only heard from them if they needed a ride, some money, or a hook up.  Whenever I needed them to be there for me as a friend they were nowhere to be found. 

This realization made me think about my divine assignment and where God is getting ready to take me in my life.  As much as I would love for everyone to benefit from my blessings I know that God has removed them from my life for a reason.  I know that even though they are cool and we had a great time together, ultimately they were not built for the same life as me.

God places people in your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime.   Once you figure out just where the people in your life fall it will be easy to either love or let go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment